Ultra Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultra Cricket

A new Forum for Ultra-Cricket while the website isn't working.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aus domestic one-dayers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aus domestic one-dayers Empty Aus domestic one-dayers Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 pm

The Markster

I was just at the Tas v Qld new style 45 over per side and it all seemed a bit odd to me. Paine and Bailey were going well before the end of our first set of 20 overs and spent a few overs in our next overs trying to get themselves back in.
But, what does everyone else think about it?

Last edited by The Markster on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Aus domestic one-dayers Empty Re: Aus domestic one-dayers Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:24 am

johnpull

Hey Mark,

I was at that game too. I'm still geting used to the format, but I'm not sure if it does what it was intended to do.

As most of Tasmania's games are on during the week - there's one this Wednesday I think - I was kind of hoping that the format would make it a bit easier to just turn up at 5.30 and get to see a contest.

We'll get to see both teams bat I suppose, but the QLD game was all but over 5 overs into the second stanza. But I'm open minded and will turn up to the next game and hopefully see some good cricket in the evening.

Looks like Tassie's got a very strong side this year, a shame about the injury to Paine though.

PS. I bought a TCA membership last year and I'm never going back - it's fantastic.

3Aus domestic one-dayers Empty Re: Aus domestic one-dayers Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:18 pm

The Markster

As it was my first chance to see one of those new games it was hard to keep track on who was winning for most of the game - by the end Tasmania were the obvious winners - because of how half way through the innings they stopped and I think that make the game more interesting. But, sadly I don't think that any of the one-day formats will survive, as T20s will take over from them within the next 5 years.

4Aus domestic one-dayers Empty Re: Aus domestic one-dayers Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 pm

marklar

Interesting concept...Im waiting for the day that the team batting first gets rolled in their 2nd dig for under what the first team got in 20 overs Laughing

Anyway, Tassie seem to be mastering it currently so I dont mind it...but what effect will it have on our World Cup campaign?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum